無頭像
lily9889 (lily9889)

帖子 86
註冊 2020-9-7
用戶註冊天數 1333
發表於 2020-12-16 17:48 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Cancer treatment gives terminally ill mother all clear

A terminally ill cancer patient has been given the all-clear after becoming the first woman in Wales to be given a pioneering treatment.

Helen Wynne Hughes, 32, was given CAR-T treatment that uses the body's own cells to fight cancer.

The mother-of-three, from Denbighshire, had the therapy earlier this year after other treatments failed.

"When the doctor said it was clear... we were in tears. Finally, there was no cancer at all," she said.

Whatever Covid restrictions may be in place this Christmas, it is set to be special for the Hughes family.

It is a world away from a year ago when Helen was making memory boxes for her three young children - Aled, four, Tomos, two,
and 19-month-old Beca.

"I had tell them perhaps it is mummy's last Christmas," she recalled.

"They are so small, it was very hard. Making memory boxes, looking back thinking I might not get to do things with them again."

This festive period will also bring back memories of when this ordeal began.

It was Christmas Eve 2018 when she was told scans had revealed a mass on her chest "the size of a grapefruit".

She had felt unwell during her third pregnancy, only to be diagnosed with lymphoma.

"I was allowed to go home on Christmas Day to see the children open their presents and have lunch," she recalled.

"But I only managed two hours as I was so ill."

Helen, from Ruthin, started chemotherapy almost immediately and 10 weeks later, she gave birth to her "bundle of joy" Beca.

However last autumn she was given the devastating news that the cancer was unresponsive and had spread to her bones, liver, lungs.

"I was told to prepare my children for the worst," she said..

Read the news and follow the situation here. : ทางเข้า slotxo